Hello my fellow friends, today we'll check out this awesome Firefox Add-ons which can be used for HTTP headers spoofing. This HTTP header spoofing only within your browser. Here's another option to spoof HTTP header by using Squid proxy server, check out here. Also checkout more useful Firefox add-ons which can help you during security testing.
What it does?
This add-on is handy as it can add, filter and allows modification on any HTTP request header from your browser to web servers. This addon is particularly useful for Mobile web development, HTTP testing and privacy.
How to use?
- After installing the addons restart Firefox browser.
- Open Modify Headers and you will be presented with a straight forward setup page.
- Click on the select action dropdown menu and select modify.
- On the next input, enter the Header-name that you want to spoof (example User-Agent).
- Enter your custom User-Agent string values or you can get list of User-Agent here and click add.
- Click to enable or disable. And there you go.
- If you want to delete or change the value, simply click on the list and click edit or delete.
The setup is easy and straight forward and can be set to auto start on Firefox. You can change any HTTP header that you want.